Fitness Inline Trainer
Certified Instructor, Level 2
Liz Miller's activities as a skate pro since 1992 include:
- The Get Rolling Skate School is sponsored by Rollerblade, participates in the FreeSkateLesson program (no longer active) and hosts the SF Bay Area Weekend Camp Rollerblade
- Teaching since 1992: Private and group inline skating lessons for all ages and abilities through Union City, Danville, Pleasanton, and East Bay Regional Park District recreation services.
- Member of United Skate Schools Group
- Member of California Outdoor Rollerskating Association (CORA)
- Member of Recreational & Fitness Skating Alliance of North America and the associated Inline Industry Group
- Conducted Boy Scout Merit Badge program for inline skating, Spring 2002
- Instructor for Zephyr Adventures Learn-to-Skate Camps 2000 - present
- Guide and instructor for Zephyr Skate Tours 1998 - present
Experienced and available to testify in court about inline skating safety and injury prevention.
- Author, publisher, Amazon.com sales of Get Rolling, the Beginner’s Guide to In-Line Skating
- Author, webmaster of the Get Rolling Orbit quarterly online newsletter.
- Wrote, illustrated and self-published Get Rolling in
1992 and again in 2003 after a few years under McGraw-Hill's Ragged Mountain
Press. To date, Get Rolling has sold over 30,000 copies worldwide.
- Author of California In-Line Skating, The Complete Guide to the Best Places to Skate, including 300 skate locations rated by skills required, scenic beauty and pavement quality. Content is now available online at CASkating.com.
- Wrote Advanced Inline Skating published
by McGraw-Hill's Ragged Mountain Press in 2000.
- Articles for Fitness and SpeedSkating Times, Race & Roll, Bay
Area Parent, Physical, New
York Outdoors, and Equal Times magazines and supplied content
for various skate tour web sites.
- Owner and content provider for the Get Rolling web site at www.getrolling.com
I am a human-powered sports enthusiast, constantly seeking great locations in gorgeous natural scenery in which to work out and play.
- Expert and avid alpine skier
- 20+ years backpacking the high Sierra Nevada ranges
- Certified scuba diver
- Avid yoga and pilates participant, weight training since 1982
- See About Liz and Off-Skates
Fitness for Inline Skaters to see other fitness lifestyle activities
- Allan Wright, owner Zephyr Adventures
- Janet Miller Sheehan, founder and director of the United Skate Schools Group Inc. (USSG) and owner of California Skate School
- David Miles, San Francisco's "Skate Godfather" and founder of California Outdoor Rollerskating Association (CORA)
- Phil Lenihan, owner Old Dude on Blades skate school, certified Inline Skating Instructor
- Nick Skalley, Marketing Director of Rollerblade USA