Inline Credentials for Liz Miller
ICP instructor Levels 1, 2 and FIT-certified
Activities as a skate pro since 1992 include:
- The Get Rolling Skate School is sponsored by Rollerblade and hosts the SF Bay Area Weekend Camp Rollerblade
- Teaching since 1992: Private and group inline skating lessons for all ages and abilities through Union City, Danville, Pleasanton, and East Bay Regional Park District recreation services.
- Member of United Skate Schools Group
- Member of California Outdoor Rollerskating Association (CORA)
- Member of Recreational & Fitness Skating Alliance of North America and the associated Inline Industry Group
- Conducted Boy Scout Merit Badge program for inline skating, Spring 2002
- Instructor for Zephyr Adventures Learn-to-Skate Camps 2000 - present
- Guide and instructor for Zephyr Skate Tours 1998 - present
- Author, publisher, Amazon.com sales of Get Rolling, the Beginner’s Guide to In-Line Skating
- Author, webmaster of the Get Rolling Orbit quarterly online newsletter.
- Wrote, illustrated and self-published Get Rolling in 1992 and again in 2003 after a few years under McGraw-Hill's Ragged Mountain Press. To date, Get Rolling has sold over 30,000 copies worldwide.
- Author of California In-Line Skating, The Complete Guide to the Best Places to Skate, including 300 skate locations rated by skills required, scenic beauty and pavement quality. Content is now available online at CASkating.com.
- Wrote Advanced Inline Skating published by McGraw-Hill's Ragged Mountain Press in 2000.
- Articles for Fitness and SpeedSkating Times, Race & Roll, Bay Area Parent, Physical, New York Outdoors, and Equal Times magazines and supplied content for various skate tour web sites.
- Owner and content provider for the Get Rolling web site at www.getrolling.com
Experienced and available to testify in court about inline skating safety and injury prevention.
I am a human-powered sports enthusiast, constantly seeking great locations in gorgeous natural scenery in which to work out and play.
- Expert and avid alpine skier
- Backpack 75-100 miles in the High Sierras most summers
- Certified scuba diver
- Avid yoga and pilates participant, plus over 25 years straight of weight training
- See About Liz and Off-Skates Fitness for Inline Skaters to see other fitness lifestyle activities
- Allan Wright, owner Zephyr Adventures
- Janet Miller Sheehan, founder and director of the United Skate Schools Group Inc. (USSG) and owner of California Skate School
- David Miles, San Francisco's "Skate Godfather" and founder of California Outdoor Rollerskating Association (CORA)
- Phil Lenihan, owner Old Dude on Blades skate school, certified Inline Skating Instructor