1. Introducing Gravity Master(tm) brakes, a calf-activated system that can be retro-fitted to the most popular brands (Rollerblade, K2, Powerslide).
2. After months of emailing back and forth, I get to meet inventor Craig Ellis for an apres ski test drive at Mammoth Lakes, CA.
3. Brake sensitivity can be adjusted on the fly. I mastered two-footed braking with a close-in setting.
4. Pull the pin to remove the strut for storage or freestyle skating (the brake stays up and out of the way with a spring).
5. I eagerly purchased my own Gravity Master brakes! The following weekend I tested on four different pairs of skates.
6. Cones to the left are Gravity Master stops (about 14 feet); to the right, my best efforts with a new brake on 5-wheel skates (over 40 feet).
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 at 10:35 pm and is filed under Gear, Skating. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.